Saturday, June 23, 2007

The Longest Day

At ten this morning I was actually smug about it. I thought, sure, no problem, I will be out of here by one, two at the latest. I was already pretty confident on Thursday that this one was going to flow. I have no idea what happened. At noon I was on false start number five and by one fifteen we were in the coffee shop laughing over the worst and most boring exegesis ever, as well as the false start follwing that one, which even held a tiny bit of promise at the time. One more hour, I'd promised then. Sure. No problem. Two and a half hours later, defeated, I went home. Ruminated through a quick grocery shopping trip, an e-mail or two, a trip over to RGBP, a few side blog visits, but by seven I was back. Slogging. One. Painful. Word. At. A. Time. At 10:30 I hit print. And......No ink. Off to the Big Box All Night Store for a cartridge. What do you know, they had one! One. That was all goodness and blessings. Got some mango sorbet, too. It's the least I can do for myself at this point. Cartridge in, print again, and ta-da....we have something on paper that I am only mildly embarassed to deliver to my people in the morning. I am perplexed and not yet edified by this. Perhaps if I sleep on it.

1 comment:

Barbara B. said...

"have something on paper that I am only mildly embarassed to deliver to my people in the morning" ... that made me smile! :)