Jan says: "In EFM this week, our question was, 'If you were a color, what would you be?' So that's where this Friday Five comes from, at least its jumping off place.
1. If you were a color, what would you be? Purple of course! ...the color of the amethyst in my engagement ring, the prairie sky right before it turns to night, the lovely dresses my ladies are wearing in the wedding, the sweet little flowers that will (really, really they will) bloom unbidden all over my yard in the spring.
2. If you were a flower (or plant), what would you be? I'd like to say something wonderful and romantic....but really, I'd probably be a weed. A dandelion, or creeping charlie, even quackgrass. Just insisting on being there, hard to eradicate, not terribly flashy or attractive, but fitting in with the scenery overall and in the end causing the gardner to just sort of sigh and say, "well, there must be some point to her, God did create her after all!"
3. If you were an animal, what kind would you be? Something that lives where it is HOT and tropical, where I could lie in the sun the whole livelong day.
4. If you were a shoe, what type would you be? A lovely Teva sandal. I live in them in the summer and miss them in the winter. I may as well be them. Besides, they get to be where it is HOT. (Do we see a theme here?)
5. If you were a typeface, which font would you be? I am uncluttered and straightforward, what you see is what you get... Arial, Verdana.
Bonus: Anything connected with metaphors that you'd like to contribute. I am pretty metaphorical overall. I think and talk in them a lot. Was talking about my favorite God-metaphor with C last night...my "wing" as in all tucked under....the comfort I find in that.