Sally says: "I am taking a break from packing to move this week and following my family up and down the beautiful North Norfolk Coast as they take part in a dinghy racing competition. Yesterday as a rare treat Tim and I took out a friends Albacore dinghy. With the children soon all leaving home we are considering buying one to replace our smaller Enterprise racing dinghy Wild Goose. So why all of this boaty information? Well because sailing is a family passion, we love the water and the wind, and take delight in the fresh air and quiet, but also in the competition, striving to do our best!"
How about you?
1. Is there a sport/ hobby that is more of a passion than a past-time for you? I have been called variously a "Jill-of-all-trades," a generalist and a Renaissance woman ( and of the three I have to say I prefer the latter.). I think this means I am interested in/passionate about, and maybe even skilled at a whole host of things. But whether I can ever "settle" on one of them long enough for it to become my thing, now there's the problem. I love music and play, sort of, a whole host of instruments, none of them at performance quality. I sing, passably. I knit and crochet....veeeerrrrrry slowly. I recently started doing watercolor and am having fun producing paintings. I love trying to capture my beloved prairie light that way as well as in photography. I write passionately in various capacities. None of these qualify for me as mere past-times....they all have way more meaning than that, yet none have the all consuming hold that I see in some folks who have that one thing that they do as in "Joni is a GOLFER." or "Bob SCULPTS." And as for sports....none really. I was raised to be sort of a girly little girl and the active life has come to me late...so not so much a sporty passionate kinda girl.
2. Outdoors or indoors? Both.....
3. Where do you find peace and quiet? On my porch swing, on my yoga mat, in breath, on the altar, with R, in conversation with friends.
4. A competitive spirit; good or bad, discuss...Yes, again both/and. I have one. Just ask anyone who has ever played anything with me. I like to win! But it's all in good fun.
5. Is there a song a picture or a poem that sums up your passion ? Bonus for posting a video/ link. It would have to be the world's most complex collage. Maybe someday I will write it, or compose it, or paint it, or knit it.