1. Is there a person who encourages and uplifts you, whose company you seek when you are feeling low? There are person(s) plural, I am blessed that way. First of course is my wonderful R, husband to be, best friend, playmate, nurturer, travel buddy, fellow adventurer and asker of great questions. Then would be soul sisters C, CMR, A and S, all of whom love, nurture, and get me through times good and bad.
2. How about a piece of music that either invigorates or relaxes you? I could never pick ONE! There is Bach, there is rock, there is most of the 1982 Hymnal. But right now on the top of the play list there is Jimmy Buffett, whom we saw last weekend in live dripping concert. I find myself humming "Changes in Attitude," and "Growing Older but Not Up" as I go through my day, and I relive moments of that fun event.
3. Which book of the Bible do you most readily turn to for refreshment and encouragement? Is there a particular story that brings you hope? John, Psalms, Isaiah, Jeremiah 29:11-13 (my ordination verse that seems to just "turn up" at the most interesting times.
4. A bracing walk or a cosy fireside? Yes
5. Are you feeling refreshed and restored at the moment or in need of recharging, write a prayer or a prayer request to finish this weeks Friday Five....I am seriously in need of a recharge and a good thing it's Friday, I'm thinkin'.....I have a long weekend with nothing really in it...my prayer is that I will use it well and allow myself to rest rather than simply flog myself to work to distraction the whole time. I also ask prayers for L. His hearing is Tuesday to determine if he will go to prison for five years or not.