Blessings of 2011
- As always, my sweet husband heads the list of my blessings. In this stressful year of change and transition, I have appreciated more than ever his wisdom and good sense as well as the certainty of knowing, no matter what, he has my back.
- The ordination of Amy Peden Haynie to the priesthood. At long last the fullness of her gifts and ministry can be realized. Thanks be to God!
- Once again having a home base for my own ministry. It feels really good and right to be assisting priest with this lovely and welcoming congregation and to know that I will celebrate the Eucharist and preach again regularly.
- Feeling pretty secure financially is a HUGE blessing in these difficult times. With our move, we both changed jobs this year and feel fortunate about being able to do that in a tough market.
- This one is under the category of mixed blessings....I was able to start and experience both the great joys and the huge stressors of CPE. Due to a variety of circumstances, I made the difficult decision not to complete the unit at this time. But those few months had an impact that I will not soon forget.
I am hoping
- to grow and expand my ministry with my new congregation, to come to know and love the people there and be a contributing member of the clergy team.
- that some (or all, if I think big) of the plans that are afoot for both R and I career wise will be successful and satisfying for us.
- to be more consistent with my self-care so that I can meet my health and fitness goals (and get back into my smaller pants!)
- that we can sell our house in Little Town on the Prairie. We are grateful to have renters, but it would be such a relief to have it sold.
- to continue to maintain strong connections (both virtually and IRL) with friends near and far