Reverendmother gives us a Friday Five patterned off one written by Songbird, the RevGals Friday Five Creator Emerita. The Instructions are: Below you will find five words. Tell us the first thing you think of on reading each one. Your response might be simply another word, or it might be a sentence, a poem or a story.
1. vineyard....place where the laborers are needed, where there is pruning to be done, where grafts sometimes take and sometimes do not, where decisions must be made, requires discernment to get a harvest
2. root....ground of my being, connection to source, deep, hard to eradicate, dig deep and deeper still
3. rescue....Need (mostly from myself). Consistently pray for. Recieve in abundance from sometimes strange and unexpected sources.
4. perseverance....Must be God's best virtue. Note stories in the OT; never mind, stories of our lives!
5. divided Hmmm....all in how you look at at it, divide a house against itself and it cannot stand, but divide up the loaves and fishes and you feed the multitude.
(Each of these appears in one of the readings from this Sunday's lectionary.)