- Marriage. I mean really! Who knew? I was not planning it, expecting it, really even wanting it. And here I am six months in happier than I ever thought I could be.
- Priesthood. Yeah, that one wasn't exactly on the radar either. Oh, passing thoughts now and again. But it just kind of crept up on me, this vocation. And here I am...four years into this ordination thing, and still grateful.
- Never in my wildest did I imagine that I'd even go to college (no one in my family ever did before), let alone keep going and going and going all the way to a doc. But I am grateful for the doors it's opened to allow me to participate in people's lives as a therapist.
- My dog Maggie. Never thought of myself as a dog person, really. She was kind of an impulse. But a really good one. Can't imagine life without her sweet face now.
- That I would finally be any kind of a "techhie." (Yes that's my husband you hear laughing in the background!) But I AM far more than I ever thought I'd be and I am grateful for the ways that my computer and my android and all the things they do make it possible for me to stay connected with the tendrils of my life in all it's many places.
Friday, November 19, 2010
Friday Five: Unexpected Thanks
Jan says: "With the American holiday of Thanksgiving being less than a week away, I tried to think of some questions for Friday Five that could be connected to this, but in a new way. So here is my one try:" Name five things that were unexpected in your life that you are now grateful for....