Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Some Things

Some things you just cannot say on Facebook.  Like "I really need better filters." Especially when it's the middle of the day and one has no business being on Fb any way.  But it's true...I do need them, even though it is the middle of the day.  I need them now and I needed them in the meeting this morning when I did not have them.  I knew I did not have them when I saw the faces of those who have known me for several years as a pleasant and fairly easy going person go round-eyed and white.  I knew I did not have them when I heard the tone of the "Please let me finish..." Oh well. They were gone.  And I said what I said without them. Dies cast. Words fall. Nothing said was untrue.  Not even unkind.  Just unfiltered and perhaps a bit less than judicious. Life will go on.

2 comments:

Di said...

Oh, honey. I've gone filterless, too. Sometimes in retrospect, as terrifying as it was, it turned out to be exactly what was needed.

Peace to you while you're waiting for the debris to settle.

Terri said...

sigh. well. I hope it turns out as Di said. and, yes, may you find some peace even as the fall out is still settling...