Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Book Meme

It's lunchtime at the day job and since part of my Lenten disciplines is finding more Sabbath in my life, I am trying to play more. I have been tagged for this meme by Mompriest and have decided to play now rather than work through the rest of lunch! So here are the instructions and the play:

Pick up the nearest book of 123 pages or more: The book is Healing Through the Dark Emotions:The Wisdom of Grief, Fear, and Despair by Miriam Greenspan. (It's a really good book by the way!)

Find Page 123: flip, flip, flip......
Find the first 5 sentences: 'k here we go......1, 2, 3, 4, 5......
Post the next three sentences: "I believe this is one reason reason we currently prefer to see despair as a medical condition. In a culture that condemns despair, it's hard to look at this emotion in a way that honors its dignity, power and wisdom. Viewing it as an illness beyond our control, we don't have to feel to blame for it. "

Tag five people....I tag:
Eliza
Mrs. M
Barb
Silent
and anyone else who hasn't played and wants to!

5 comments:

Terri said...

Oh, I like that book...now I'll have to go buy it....

RevDrKate said...

I cannot count the number of books this blog ring has added to my library! But this is a good book.

Rev SS said...

This sounds like a very good book. Thanks.

Barb said...

Thanks for tagging me - I played, and it was a good Friday afternoon diversion - the result was fascinating !

Silent said...

I finally played today! Thanks!