Thursday, February 07, 2008

Lent Day 2

At the end of this second day of Lent, I have been reading Brennan Manning's Ruthless Trust. He says that one of the marks of true radical trust is gratitude. I like that. It reminds me of the NaBloPoMo gratitude posts and all the joy I found there. Somehow it seems important to find gateways like this. Gratitude into trust. Trust into submission. I am a house divided. Part of me longs to rush headlong into one discipline or another, while other voices would urge a less intense approach to this whole business of Lent. It would be easier to just give up chocolate and be done with it than to wrestle with how to manifest radical trust and submission.

On the Godsigns front today, I got to hold little S, the beautiful eight-week old daughter of one of my clients. This is definitely one of the best benefits of my day job. That and watching the growth in S's mom as she has come into her own as a powerful young woman taking responsibility for protecting this young life that God is entrusting to her. I am grateful for the infinite possibilities that humans are graced with, that we are resilient and able to heal and grow in amazing and wonderful, unexpected ways.

No comments: