Friday, May 23, 2008

The Meme of Fives

I am back from the Festival of Homies. It was so amazing and fantastic and I will write about it, I will. But not tonight. Tonight I am playing! I have been tagged for this meme by three people, Eliza, Midlife Rookie, and Mary Beth at Terrapin Station, so I'm thinking, I'd better play! Here goes....

What were you doing five years ago? May, 2003. I'd been in my new small town life about eight months. I'd just moved "into town" (13, 000) from the very small town of 190 people 12 miles out and was much happier. I'd bought a pick-up and was taking horse-back riding lessons. In a few weeks I would try out for Fiddler and get the part of Golde. It was the beginning of the ongoing adventure that continues..... The other version of the meme asks about TEN years ago! That would have been 1998. I was finishing my doctorate, and had never heard of the place I now call home. If someone had told me I'd live here, be a priest, and had tried to give me most of the details of my present life I would have had a very hard time believing any of it had any connection to me at all.

What are five things on your to-do list for today (not in any particular order)? I'm going with tomorrow since all that's left on today's list is sleep!
1. Finish unpacking from the FoH
2. Write Sunday's sermon
3. Walk Maggie with my friend and Soul Sister S
4. Do laundry
5. Pay bills

What are five snacks you enjoy?
1. Trail mix
2. Good chocolate (dark)
3. Sesame stix
4. String cheese
5. Almonds

What five things would you do if you were a billionaire?
1.Pay off all my bills and my mortgage
2. Buy houses for a few people who need them
3. Make my church accessible
4. Do lots of microloans
5. Go to Rwanda and see our MDG center and give them at least some of what they need.

What are five of your bad habits?
1. Messsy closets
2. Not finishing projects I start on my house
3. Perfectionism
4. Worry
5. Self-criticism

What are five places you have lived?
1. Dubuque, IA
2. Cedar Rapids, IA
3. Silver Springs, MD
4. Minneapolis, MN
5. St. Paul, MN

What are five jobs you've had?
1. Retail clerk (Drug store)
2. Program Aide for handicapped/developmentally delayed children
3. Bill collector
4. Hardware store manager
5. Professor

If you haven't been tagged and you want to play...go for it! I'd love to know more about every and any one of you fascinating RevGals and Pals.

No comments: