Friday, May 29, 2009

Friday Five: The Big To-Do

Kathrynzj says: "Greetings from the land of the Big To-Do!It seems like every year I enter into the summer with a growing list of HUGE projects/events/trips that seem to have a permanent place on the 'to do' list.This year I have a huge move pending so that takes up an entire list all on its own, but it doesn't take a big event like that for me to make plans bigger than my summer can hold!How about you?Is this the third summer in a row you have made a pledge involving your garage and actually getting a car into it?Did you once again miss the registration deadline for the continuing education event of your dreams ?Are you starting to think you couldn't even find the tents, let alone get it together to pull off a camping trip?Here is your chance to get it out into the open and OWN your Big To-Do! Who knows? Maybe making the list will help you move the Big To-Do to the Big Ta-Da!"

This comes to you this morning from the land of procrastination. It's 7:45 and I have just arrived at the day job office. I had planned to be here at 6 this morning. The "to-do" was the sermon for Sunday....It is, alas now a still-to-be-done. So WTH....might as well procrastinate a little longer and play this F5!
1) What home fix-it project is on your Big To-Do? R and I are building a deck on the back of the house this summer. I am optimistic that we will get it done. That's not so much about me, but what I am learning about him is that when I say, "gee let's..." we DO! We have already taken out a stairlift in the house and removed an access ramp out front, planted a garden and generally spruced up the yard, as well as done a number of small projects around the house that have been sitting literally for years. We find we work well together and have fun, too. I love that he is taking interest and ownership in a house that he won't even be living in for almost a year yet.

2) What event (fun or work) is on your Big To-Do? That would be that Big Event to which the countdown refers....One wedding that is now LESS than a year away. We really have a lot underway or planned already, but it's fun to talk and dream about details. We are talking about honeymoon spots...any suggestions?

3) What trip is on your Big To-Do? Mid-June we are planning a little road trip to my hometown in Iowa to see the places I haunted as a kid. Actually I think it's just an excuse to run away in the Mini Cooper! It's not a big trip, but it's another first, our first "real vacation" together.

4) What do you wish was on someone ELSE's (partner, family member, celebrity, etc...) Big To-Do? That would be having XDO have a list of getting the stuff out soonest. To be fair, it is on the list, we just haven't been able to mesh schedules to this point.

5) Getting inspired? What may end this summer having moved from the Big To-Do to the Big Ta-da? I think it's all coming along. Summer will find us cleaned, spruced, bedecked and minus the stuff XDO left, God willing!

8 comments:

kathrynzj said...

Sounds like a great - and busy - list. I too have sermon on the top of my list right now and yet...

Thanks for playing!

Barbara B. said...

So exciting about the upcoming wedding!

altar ego said...

Wonderful play! And what fun to plan and anticipate the wedding. So glad you're a good team and that the "gee, let's" do get done!

Elaine (aka...Purple) said...

Sounds like quite a project to me. I think I'll leave the hammer and nails to both you. Have fun.

revkjarla said...

oh yes, motoring in the mini-cooper...one of our favorite things to do, too!!!

got a sermon on my list, too...but am enjoying reading FF for now.

honeymoon plans....what fun to think about it. somewhere you can totally relax and enjoy each other in a beautiful gorgeous setting is my vote.

Auntie Knickers said...

Lucky you to have found a handy one! Enjoy your summer.

Rev SS said...

If I knew you were from Iowa too, I forgot it. What is your home town? (mine is Ottumwa)

Anonymous said...

T & I are going to Sedona, AZ on our honeymoon... a little non-traditional, but we've been told it is absolutely beautiful!