Mary Beth writes: This one is going to be veeeery simple: List at least five things (people, places, graces, miracles...) for which you are thankful. You may elaborate as you wish, or keep it simple. Hat tip to Princess Mindy for the idea. Oh...and if you know The Veggie Tales' hit "Thankfulness Song," please hum it as you post.
I think I might be the wrong generation for the VT song, so I'm humming "All Good Gifts" from Godspell instead as I think about those things for which I am thankful today:
1. That five years ago, when I said "I have to go where for how long?" I was willing to do it, I thought, for a practical reason, turning my life upside down, trusting that all would be well, when it was not about that practical reason at all, and was the beginning of a great life transformation leading me to the life and place God, I am convinced, wanted me to be.
2. For the wonderful people who remind me that I am a beloved and forgiven daughter of God and manifest God's healing love to me in so many ways.
3. For the wonderful people who also frequently remind me when I am overfunctioning, off-course or otherwise missing the point. Also manifesting God's love to me.
4. For the fact that even though it took a while, I did finally find my calling(s), that place where my gifts meet needs in my little corner of the world. I love what I do most of the time. I have been told (and on good days believe) that I'm good at it, and I am thankful.
5. That there is a yurt, and that one week from tonight I will be there for forty hours of peace and quiet.
6. And...... I just have one more that wants to be said:
I am so very thankful that even though I am on serious overload, and am tired and know it is a long long way till December, I am absolutely certain of God's presence with me in all of this. And that at least in part is due to God's love in community manifest in those who care for me, including those in this community. I am thankful for YOU!!!!!