Monday, October 08, 2007

Parade Wave


Being in the parade turned out to be more fun than I’ve had in a long time. I got to drive a big ol’ diesel pickup, in my dog collar and my T-shirt while bopping to really loud Rwandan music on the CD player. I waved to lots of people I knew. We all had our lovely Café Press designer shirts on, the Wild Wheelie Rider passed out bubble gum for the kids, and our Possible Discerning Deacon handed out literature about our project and evangelized mission all the way down the parade route. We installed another of the priests in the truck bed where she perfected the parade wave from her lawn chair. It was generally a small town good time and good for our visibility. And who knows, maybe got some folks wondering if maybe those Episcopalians are not so stuffy after all!

2 comments:

Terri said...

parades can be a lot of fun! glad yours was....

Katherine E. said...

Yes, glad you had a good time! Have things kind of slowed down now? How are you doing, Kate?