Friday, April 03, 2009

Friday Five: Time-Out Edition

Sally says:"Holy Week is almost upon us, I suspect that ordained or not, other revgal/pals calendars look a bit like mine, FULL, FULL, FULL.....Jesus was great at teaching us to take time out, even in that last week, right up to Maunday Thursday he withdrew, John's gospel tells us he hid! He hid not because he was afraid, but because he knew that he needed physical, mental and spiritual strength to get through... So faced with a busy week:"

1. What restores you physically? Depending on the time of day....a hot shower with my favorite Amber shower gel, a walk with Maggie and perhaps a friend, some yoga, or a good night's sleep if I can get it!
2. What strengthens you emotionally/mentally? Talking to people who "get" me, blogging (both writing mine and reading others), journaling and writing, reading.
3. What encourages you spiritually? Prayer, meditation, music, yoga, my SD.
4. Share a favourite poem or piece of music from the coming week. My mind is an absolute blank....and since I am procrastinating on sermon writing by doing the F5....the temptation to go searching is strong....but I will resist and simply enjoy what you provide here.
5.There may be many services for you to attend/ lead over the next week, which one are you most looking forward to and why? If there aren't do you have a favourite day in Holy week if so which one is it? I really do like the Maundy Thursday service...the commemoration of the first Eucharist, the winding down to silence and stripping of the altar, there is so much symbolism in the liturgy on so many levels, I find it very moving.

6 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Blessings on your sermon prep & your week!

Sally said...

I love Maunday Thursday too, and understand the sermon procrasitination!

Dr. Laura Marie Grimes said...

Hi roomie! I almost asked you and then thought you might have already booked someone you met last year, so I was happy to find out that Mompriest had cleverly matched us!

Good luck on that sermon, and I will see you in less than two weeks.

Barbara B. said...

I'm not sure what your "Amber" shower gel is... but I definitely like a good, hot shower!

Elaine (aka...Purple) said...

Hope the Spirit moves the sermon into word form...soon.

Terri said...

Actually, it was Mary Beth who assigned the rooms - that clever and sweet person that she is...

I too am procrastinating...big time - and I don't really have the time to be doing this...sigh..

good play!