Two things wrangle for space in my head and heart today....The first is, there is too much in this week and it will never get done. I feel overwhelmed and tense and a little frantic about it all. And the second is that it is Holy Week! And suddenly yesterday at the Palm Sunday service....I just fell in. The reading of the Passion, the anthem we sang, the whole bringing back once again of the whole holy cycle....I'm there. Yes, bring it on.
The second does not, in any practical way change the reality of the first. There are too many things and not enough time. My schedule, like all of yours this week, is frightening. The bullet list:
- Dentist appointment today at noon
- Meeting tonight
- Get the Maundy Thursday Sermon finished
- Trip to the Big City 3 hours away for renewal of Ordination Vows Tuesday which will pretty much cover the day
- My own Bible study Tuesday night
- Article for the Newspaper (Wed noon deadline)
- Holy Week Services and choir practices starting Wednesday
- Wednesday night Bible study at church
- Shopping and prepping for Easter dinner with guests
- And I still don't have my taxes done and am in no way ready to get on a plane in a week and half and go anywhere.
But it will all get done, and by Thursday night I will stand in the pulpit and preach the Good News that God so loved the world that Jesus gave the ultimate gift for our salvation. I might, if I feel like I do this morning, even cry as I preach it. And when I look at it that way, the rest just kind of falls into place.