Monday, June 11, 2007

I've been tagged: Eight Random Things

Before I play today, in case anyone is wondering about the name change...I've noticed there is another Kate that posts on the RevGals so I thought in the interest of reducing confusion, I'd modify a bit.

Okay, first the rules:


1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
3.At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.


8 Random things about me:

1. When I was seven I played "Mass" with my dolls. I was always the priest.

2. I was asked to leave the convent. It's a long story!

3. I tried out for Fiddler on the Roof in our local community theatre three years ago expecting to get a part in the chorus. I was so amazed when I found out I was cast as Golde, especially since I had not acted since high school and had never sung a solo in public!

4. Last Thursday I got to play in the snow! I was at summer seminary in South Dakota and we had a real live snowstorm that left us with about two inches of lovely white stuff, for about two hours. I think that's how all snow should be. Quick, pretty and GONE!

5. I built a stairway once. It functioned. There was however something a bit off with my math and the risers were narrow and the steps were really high. It had sort of a ladder effect, but it got us to the second floor. That was the same house where we connected the toilet to the hot water. Until somebody told us it might explode the tank we thought we had invented a total new thing in winter comfort!

6. I have never had stiches or broken a bone. Sometimes, I feel like I am living on borrowed time, or grace alone!

7. Sometimes, when I am celebrating the liturgy, I almost have to pinch myself to know that it's really me there doing this amazing thing. I want never to get over this!

8. Yoga changed my life. It has helped my very busy noisy head become a quieter place. It has helped me become more disciplined. It has helped me stay on my own mat, balance the two pillars of clear-seeing and equanimity. It has deepened my prayer life in ways I don't even begin to understand.

OK, Now for those who are tagged. Even though I am a serious rule follower, I could not come up with eight, so, four will have to do, and we only hope that I have the knack of links!
So it's:

Kathryn

Prairiepastor

Serena

Tandaina

6 comments:

Rev SS said...

"Sometimes, when I am celebrating the liturgy, I almost have to pinch myself to know that it's really me there doing this amazing thing. I want never to get over this!" I. hear. you!

Great play. Thanks. I also tagged someone who had been tagged at the same time. 2 for 1 works for me.

Stay in touch.

Kathryn said...

Yes...that's where I am in presiding too. Thanks for tagging...i'd been invited by someone else too, so really will get round to responding soon. But probably not today..

Josephine- said...

Thanks for the tag. I won't be able to play until later, gives me time to think up good stuff!

I think I see what your problem was trying to make the links. Hard to explain here because any HTML code I type will actually DO it but to make a link do the following and change all [ and ] into < and > (I'll use my blog as an example.)

[a href="http://snowonroses.blogspot.com"]Tandaina[/a]

That's all you've got to do and that will give you this:
Tandaina

Just make sure not to loose the " characters, they'll mess you up every time if you forget one of them.

Diane M. Roth said...

Great Fiddler on the Roof story!

from: one of Serena's tag-ee's

Grace thing said...

Thanks for playing, RevDrKate! Fun to learn more about you :)

Sally said...

love your comments about yoga- I try to find space to practice too.

great play :-) I just played this one- seems to be doing the rounds.