Friday, June 01, 2007


RevGalBlog Pals Friday Five - Hopes, Visions, and Dreams

Been wanting to play and couldn't resist the topic as the Birthday of Reflection nears.

1. Think back to the time you left High School, what were your hopes visions and dreams for your life/ for the world?
My biggest memory from the summer before college is that I had horrible insomnia! Never before or since have I had that much trouble sleeping. There was so much excitement about whatever it was that what out there in the world. I don't think I even cared so much what it was, just that it was out there and I was going to meet it.

2. Have those hopes visions and dreams changed a lot, or are some of them still alive and kicking? (share one if you can) There are still days when there is still that certain fizz in the belly that just around the next corner....just up ahead, God has some wonderful thing in store. On the other hand, dreams I have forgotten and visions I didn't know I had have come to be. I played "priest" as a little Catholic girl in the 50's without ever even daring to name that a dream. Who knew I'd ever be for real! Mysteries and miracles.

3. Hebrews 11:1 " Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. " Comforting, challenging or frustrating? See #2

4. If resources were unlimited, and you had free reign to pursue a vision what would it be? A holistic space for people to come and heal from whatever ails them, body, soul, spirit.

5. Finally with summer upon us- and not to make this too heavy- share your dream holiday....where, when and who with...comfy seating, great views, good drinks, time to rest and catch up on reading and writing and visiting with friends....oh and my laptop....wireless for the RGBPS!

1 comment:

Grace thing said...

Kate, nice to "meet" you. Thanks for your comment and for sharing a bit of your journey. I look forward to reading your blog!