...or town, or suburb, or hamlet, or burg, or unincorporated zone, or rural area of your choice---pretty much anywhere but the southern hemisphere, it's summer. (Australians and others, consider this an invitation to take a break from winter for a while.)
1. Favorite summer food(s) and beverage(s) Food preferences: spicy and/or crispy and cold. Things like salads, gazpacho, nachos with really good fresh salsa or pico, fresh fruit....drinks of the tart and icy kind....margaritas are always good, or smoothies, iced cappucinos, or lattes.
2. Song that "says" summer to you. (Need not be about summer explicitly.) Just about anything by the Beach Boys. Guess I'm dating myself, but there you are!
3. A childhood summer memory. Day camp. I was seven maybe, a Brownie Scout. We had it in the big park up on the river bluffs. We made "sit-upons" from woven newspapers and ate campfire stew. It was my first time really "away" other than school, and it seemed like such an adventure. There were crafts and wonderful teen-aged counselors. Songs. Skits every day at the end of camp.
4. An adult summer memory. Visiting my friend Sue who was interning on an organic farm. We spent the whole day outside, working some, having good talk, driving the great horse team, lying in the cool shade resting drinking the best lemonade ever. That was the weekend of the "life changing conversation." Very memorable!
5. Describe a wonderful summer day you'd like to have in the near future. (weather, location, activities)Hot, beach, minimal
Optional: Does your place of worship do anything differently in the summer? (Fewer services, casual dress, etc.) We move the service an hour earlier and drop the formal choir. Otherwise, it doesn't change much.