Singing Owl says: "Brrrr! Baby, it’s COLD outside! At least that is the case where I am this morning. We are in a January deep freeze. Have a cup of hot tea and tackle five easy seasonal questions."
1. What is the thermometer reading at your house this morning? We are actually on the upswing, it was only -9 when I left for work this morning. That was an improvement in the air temperature over the -11 yesterday. However, there was the windchill this morning, that was -20. But they are promising 30 by Monday...that is practically a heat wave!
2. Snow—love it or hate it? I would love it more if I never had to shovel it or drive in it or go in it, only contemplate it from afar. And if it was all done by Christmas.
3. What is winter like where you are? Cold. Endless. Snowy. Endless. Windy. Endless. Oh and did I mention endless.
4. Do you like winter sports? Any good stories? No. I tried to ski in the distant past. This provided onlookers with many good stories...me not so much. A friend tells me we are going to snowshoe this winter. So she says. Her chances would have been better had she not shared the part about ending up upside down in the snow with the snowshoes over your head and having to do some sort of somersaultish thing to rescue yourself when you fall.
5. What is your favorite season, and why? Any one that is not winter. See #3
Bonus: Share a favorite winter pick-me-up. A recipe, an activity, or whatever. A seven-forty-seven that would pick me up and take me somewhere warm would be a real favorite right now! As a second, I'll settle for what I'm drinking...a mug of Irish coffee.