Friday, January 14, 2011

January Blogging NaBloPoMo (Thursday)

Yesterday's prompt because I forgot.....What's the biggest lie you ever told?


I think I was about eleven or so.  My friend Pam and I, for reasons known only to two silly girls drank a part of one of my dad's beers from the fridge on a hot summer afternoon.  And then we left the partial bottle in the refrigerator, which was the first mistake.  In my house, there were no partial bottles, ev-er.  If we had finished the bottle and put it with the rest of the empties, there would like have been no issue.  However, we didn't, and when questions were asked, I compounded the first problem with my biggest (and dumbest!) lie ever..."How did it get there?" "Well I guess dad left it." Busted! Mom of course told dad we drank his beer and I was duly punished and Pam was not permitted to come over again for a while. Yup, lesson learned. 

No comments: