Monday, January 10, 2011

January Blogging NaBloPoMo

Today's Prompt: Find a quote that fits your intention for today and tell us both of them.

Thumper: He doesn't walk very good, does he?

Mrs. Rabbit: Thumper!
Thumper: Yes, mama?
Mrs. Rabbit: What did your father tell you this morning?
Thumper: [clears throat] If you can't say something nice... don't say nothing at all.

It's Monday in the almost middle of January.  It's snowing...again, for what feels like gazillionith time already this year.  It's cold, it's dark and it seems as if there is no end in sight.  Stressors abound on various sides in my world.  And yet these melt away in comparison to to the really big bad and dark things around us.  The Arizona shooting that has stunned all of us in its absolute senseless brutality, a wonderful friend who has just received a cancer diagnosis that even with it's best prognosis will change her life forever, the sadness and problems that my clients bring me that sometimes feel insurmountable and endless.

There is an absolute temptation to cave in to the darkness and despair.  To say things that are indeed "not nice" on so many levels.  So my intention today is to follow Mrs. Rabbit's advice and to be thoughtful about my words.  To try to be silent if I can't be helpful and if I can't make things better in some way....at least don't contribute to the problem.  Not bad advice from a rabbit.

1 comment:

Terri said...

I'm sorry about your friend with the cancer diagnosis...but also, I am so very sad about the events in Arizona, my former home...it just brings up so much for me...