Wednesday, December 05, 2007

The Work of Adventing

Gratitude was a whole lot easier. Who knew it would ever be simpler to find things to be thankful for than to reflect on that for which we wait? My mind is flitty tonight. I cannot focus on anything of substance. I can, however, come up with enough things I am thankful for to make a list:
  • I have finished grading all the papers for my class...I was pretty gentle with them, all things considered
  • Maggie's eye continues to mend....and she continues to be patient
  • At least twice today it felt like such holy ground in my office I felt like perhaps I should take off my shoes
  • I found myself to be formidable for a good cause today....and it was very satisfying

Adventing....prepare ye the way of the Lord...maybe...I think maybe I'm seeing it now....just maybe.....

4 comments:

Elaine (aka...Purple) said...

Gratitude and grace all mixed together. Beautiful reflection and noticing.

Diane M. Roth said...

it is harder...
but I'm grateful you are doing it.
preparing the way of the Lord.

Jan said...

You brought the phrase "holy ground" into focus for me. Thank you.

Terri said...

adventing on...thanks for sharing a piece of your day...and so awesome to be in the place of standing on holy ground...