(Sorry I can't post Mary Beth's lovely pictures....my computer does very strange things when I try...sigh...so go see them at RevGals!)
For this Friday's Five, share with us five transformations that the coming fall will bring your way.
- The first one that comes to mind is one that has already begun and that I am hoping (and believing based on all evidence so far) will continue. And that is my "stepping off the curb" to a new and expanded social life. This may seem kind of superficial to someone who does not know the whole story....but truly, it is transformational!
- Fall has always felt to me a most appropriate time for cleaning out, clearing out and beginning fresh. (Maybe because I spent over thirty years of my life in school!) So I am hoping that fall will bring more transformations to my house, especially to the "basement of despair" which I hope to get cleaned out before the snow flies.
- On September 12 I will celebrate the second anniversary of my ordination. This astounds me either as in: "Two years already?" or "Only two years?" depending on the day. As I move closer to this day I have already been thinking back and reflecting on the tremendous changes that have occurred in my understanding of what it means for me to be called to be a priest and how I manifest that in my life every day. There have been so many teachable moments that God has used in my "post-ordination formation" to get me off the altar and into the world. I'm sure as I move into year three God will have more interesting learning opportunities in store for me!
- I am hoping to transform the pile of paper under my desk into shreddies for recycling, the pile of paper in my desk into neat files, the miscellaneous junk stuffed into the overhead bins into some sort of order....well you get the idea....my office needs attention! I have been "living" in my day job space for going on four years now, and just like at home, the accumulation is getting overwhelming....so transforming it into order so I can actually find things....well that would be good!
- I don't know that it's transforming my spiritual disciplines need so much as just a wee nudge back in order. The "things I sustain so they will sustain me" have gotten a little lax and a little sparse over the summer. Fall seems like it might be a good time to get myself back to meditation and to yoga. I miss my daily practice, but seem to need a kick-start. Where's a liturgical season when you need one? Does Fall count?