Friday, December 19, 2008

Friday Five: Countdown to Christmas Edition

Songbird says: "It's true.There are only five full days before Christmas Day, and whether you use them for shopping, wrapping, preaching, worshiping, singing or traveling or even wishing the whole darn thing were over last Tuesday, there's a good chance they will be busy ones.So let's make this easy, if we can: tell us five things you need to accomplish before Christmas Eve."
  1. Sit down with M and figure out what the tiny remnant of the choir plus one Presby friend will sing at the 11 on Christmas eve. At this point we are heading for one of the L and C numbers if the voice distribution works out. She preaches this year, so my only other "business" with that service will be for her and I to divide up the prayers and figure out the who does what as we will celebrate the service together.
  2. Find out (again) why the e-card did not go out to let someone know I gave a charitable gift in their name. I tried a new place for just one person on my list and apparently they don't have all their bugs worked out. Back to Heifer!
  3. Do Christmas cards for my co-workers. I don't usually "card" people I see all the time, but it seems to be the culture here, so .....when in Rome, I guess....
  4. Buy tickets for the New Year's Eve dance. While this is not exactly Christmas related....I hear they are selling well, and since this is a little bit of a sugarplum fairy dust dream come true event for me, I don't want to be taking any chances with not getting there cuz I didn't get tickets!
  5. Get a haircut!

6 comments:

Melissa B. said...

Hey there, you Superior Scribbler, you! First of all, I'm not "spamming" you; I promise! Second of all, I'd like to introduce myself: I'm Melissa B., The Scholastic Scribe, & I'm the "Original" Superior Scribbler! Third thing on my mind: I've been nominated for a pretty prestigious blog award; I'd greatly appreciate your vote, so if you click on over to my place, you'll see the info. It's an annual award from EduBlog, and I'm up for Best Individual Blog. And 4th thing on today's agenda: I've got a cute "contest," of sorts, going on at my place every Sunday. Please come by this Sunday for the Silly Sunday Sweepstakes. And, thanks for your support!

Unknown said...

Well, if it's something you have to do before Christmas, it counts!

imngrace said...

Ooohh, sugarplum blessings to you! I hope you get to go. Sounds fun.

Jan said...

Good list. I'm waiting for a hair cut, and it's next week. Hope yours is soon, too.

Terri said...

Wow...a New YEars Eve dance...sounds fun! Hope all else goes well...

Anonymous said...

Cards... I knew there was something else I need to do! Thanks for the reminder!