Thursday, July 19, 2007

Friday 5- looking back, looking forward

Sally at RGBP's says, "When I began work here at Downham Market a wise friend told me that after one year I would see a few changes and sense God at work- years two and three would cause me to question and to wonder why I had chosen to accept the post here and in year four I might see the beginnings of something new.And so with that in mind alongside yesterdays celebrations I bring you Friday 5 Looking back, looking forward."

1. Share a moment/ time of real encouragement in your journey of faith. This comes at a perfect time, here toward the end of year one. It has been a bit of a struggle lately, lots of hard work, some of the human stuff getting in the way. But my SD reminded me tonight that I need to remember Who and Whose I am, Who it is who called me, Who it is who has the real power in my life. Get the focus back where it matters. I always leave our conversations feeling encouraged and positive about my call and my life in general. I feel blessed by her and by all the people God has put in my path at just the right time.

2. Do you have a current vision / dream for your work/ family/ministry? My vision is that every member of our church will realize that the Gospel message is for and about them....love one another, be one, and take this message everywhere and live it!

3.Money is no object and so you will.....contribute it to realize the Millenium Development Goals.

4. How do you see your way through the disappointments? What keeps you going? It helps to have the perspective of life experience. Things do pass, nothing lasts forever, no matter how awful. What keeps me going...faith, breath, yoga, prayer, love and friendship.

5. How important are your roots? Immediate family, not so much as most of them are gone to God. Big picture a little more, hoping to visit the ould sod next year and make connections with some of the folks there.

6. Bonus= what would you like to add....little things matter, listening, paying attention to one another, a smile, a small courtesy. Don't underestimate the power of one to change the world.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I look forward to # 2 becoming a reality for churches everywhere.

Iris said...

Amen on your bonus! Paying attention and really listening is underrated these days.

revhipchick said...

lovely play! wonderful bonus!

chartreuseova said...

Isn't is wonderful when we recognize the people God has put in our path for encourage us...a double blessing (getting the encouragement and knowing God is behind it)

I guess if we could all remember who and whose we are, we (well at least I) could get more of the important stuff done in the world and stop getting lost in the trivial.

Josephine- said...

Yes I would love to see #2 as well, and amen to the blessings of wise SDers.

Diane M. Roth said...

like number six. Yes, to what Iris said.

Sally said...

excellent play- love your bonus answer- the little things matter :-)

Terri said...

Yes, I appreciate the MDG's and their global focus - a way for so many of us to speak about, increase awareness of, and work toward eliminating global poverty -in all its forms.

Barbara B. said...

Yes, little things DO matter! Thanks for that thought!

Gannet Girl said...

OK with you if I add your journal to a set of links I'm sending to the Wednesday Festival?

RevDrKate said...

GG, fine with me to be linked, and now I'm curious!