Sally brings us a weather themed Friday Five
1. Have you experienced living through an extreme weather event- what was it and how did you cope? On Friday October 31, 1992 I was in charge of the fetching from the airport and delivering to the host homes about 40 women who were coming to a weekend conference. It began snowing early that morning and before the day ended we had 27 inches and by the end of the weekend over three FEET of snow. Some of the women never did arrive, some got in on Sunday, just in time to get back on the plane to go home. For the ones who did get as far as the airport, we arranged convoys of fourwheel drive vehicles, and brought them all to the church where the conference was being held. We brought in food, hauled in blankets and sleeping bags and just settled ourselves in until it was time to take them all back for their Sunday flights. Some of the speakers could not make it, so we punted and made up our own program. All in all, though it was not what it was planned to be, it was surely unforgettable (especailly for the ladies from California who had never seen snow before!)
2. How important is it that we wake up to issues such as global warming? It is vitally important. From what scientists are telling us, we are running short on time to change our wasteful ways.
3. The Christian message needs to include stewardship of the earths resources agree/ disagree? Agree. We need to assume much better leadership in this area, not just in words but in action.
And because it is summer- on a brighter note....
4. What is your favourite season and why? I LOVE summer. I like heat! It's been hot and muggy this week and I have been somewhat guiltily loving it as everyone else has been miserable! I told someone yesterday that I think I must have been an orchid in my previous life. Spring is nice too, though, all that bursting forth, and I like the crispness of fall, other than the fact that it is followed by winter...which I do NOT like.
5. Describe your perfect vacation weather.... HOT! Sunny, even a little muggy is ok by me...perfect for beaching or hammocks.