Though unlike Reverendmother, I am not quite "all over Harry like a Seeker on the Snitch" I do really hate to think of myself as a Muggle. However, given that I am a few books/movies behind, I decided to go with Option 2:
1. Former U.S. First Lady "Lady Bird" Johnson died this week. In honor of her love of the land and the environment, share your favorite flower or wildflower. There is a huge list, but probably top favorite is Stargazer lilies. Beautiful. Smell wonderful. What's not to love?
2. A man flew almost 200 miles in a lawn chair, held aloft by helium balloons. Share something zany you'd like to try someday. I don't know that I'd really like to try this, given that I have huge control issues and I'm afraid of heights but my SD tells me that rappelling might be good for my spiritual growth, and I have a feeling that someday I will find myself hanging off some rocks somewhere "uttering a brief prayer."
3. Do you have an iPhone? If not, would you want one? About a year ago I bought an iPod. It's back in the box in the drawer as I cannot figure out how to use it. My friends have suggested I borrow a 12 year old to explain it to me. So, no, no iPhone. I like to get my calls now and again.
4. Speaking of which, Blendtec Blenders put an iPhone in one of their super-duper blenders as part of their "Will It Blend?" series. What would YOU like to see ground up, whizzed up or otherwise pulverized in a blender? Those big yellow machines that are working on the streets by my house that start every morning at 4:30. They go grind grind beep beep and make the dog go woof woof. I won't repeat here what they make me do!
5. According to News of the Weird, a jury in Weld County, Colo., declined to hold Kathleen Ensz accountable for leaving a flier containing her dog's droppings on the doorstep of U.S. Rep. Marilyn Musgrave, apparently agreeing with Ensz that she was merely exercising free speech. What do you think? Is doggy doo-doo protected by the First Amendment? Um,I think I learned in sixth grade civics that my rights end where others' begin....can we say infringement? I'd like to think that might include no doo-doo on the doorstep!