After walking the balance beam this week between tantrums and thanks, I was happy to see the Friday Five up and ready to play. Reverendmother asks:
Today, what are you:
1. Wearing: Well since it's supposed to a scorcher I thought I'd go with a summery theme. So I pulled out a great Hawian shirt I picked up at my favorite thrift store a few years ago (and recently shrunk back into-yee-haa!). Paired it up with my really spiffy Christopher and Banks splurge denim capris and my .75 garage sale Italian sandals.
2. Reading: For the light summer reading category, just finished A Severe Mercy, now revisiting A Wrinkle in Time which so enchanted me in high school. Trying to read the two texts for the History of Psychology class I'm teaching in the fall....but I keep falling asleep. Continuing John Sanford's Mystical Christianity for Bible Study and Sue Monk Kidd's When the Heart Waits for the church book club, while waiting for A Vision of Light to arrive.
3. Eating: Lunch soon, I hope. This afternoon I go do my consulting gig. The staff brings potluck, so it's always interesting to see what turns up.
4. Doing: Working hard on all fronts. Trying to stay in balance. Looking forward to more time in the hot tub this weekend. Trying not to worry and remember to trust God. Blogging a lot!
5. Pondering: Why can't we all just get along?