Friday, April 18, 2008

Friday Five: For Just Twenty Four Hours

RevHRod says: "Yesterday I had the 24 hour flu. I had been told by the people who had it first that it really was a twenty-four hour bug. And so while I dealt with all the blech of the flu, I kept reminding myself that morning would come and I would feel a lot better.
This is certainly a strange way to start out a Friday Five but it made me think about what I might like to do if I knew it would only last for 24 hours. There are no reality boundaries to these imaginings. So here are the five things for you to consider..."


1. If you could dramatically change your physical appearance for 24 hours, what would you do? That is a hard one! So many things to choose from. I might like to be very young to see what that is like now (as opposed to what it was like when I really was), or be a person of another culture, or gender, or be stunningly beautiful just to see people swoon at my feet. Actually I think I might just really like to be tall so I could reach the top shelf in the cupboards for a day!

2. If you could live in another place for 24 hours where would you go? Oh that is easy....I'd pop across the pond and see how RevKathryn's settling in, see her new digs, meet her folks and give her a great hug!

3. You get to do somebody else's job for a day...this was a very good question to ponder cuz I've been sort of grousey lately, what with all and everything, but you know, as I think about it, there is really noboby else's job I would really rather be doing than my own that I can think of. I have the two best jobs in the world for me....therapist and priest....took me a long time to figure out what I wanted to do when I grew up and get here, and there's no place else I want to be.

4. Spend the day with another person from anywhere in time and space...oh, again....options abound....just ONE????? Well obviously Jesus would be at the top of the list, followed by his mom, and any of his gang really, or maybe Julian of Norwich, Theresa of Avila, St. Francis, Thomas More, Martin Luther, Thomas Cranmer, Richard Hooker, Thomas Merton......

5. A magical power is yours. Which one would you pick? That one that Samantha had on the old TV show where she could wiggle her nose and her house would be clean. Oh, yeah for sure!

14 comments:

Rev Honey said...

Absolutely love # 5 - why didn't I think of that?!?

Di said...

I went with tall, too.

Muthah+ said...

I can't wriggle my nose, but I am with you on the last one!

Jeanine Byers said...

You're both a psychologist and a priest? Wow! How do you do it all?

I see why you need Samantha's twitchy power!

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

I never thot of being a person of another color, but that was a good idea. And I see LOTS of us could not choose just one person to hang out with.

imngrace said...

Since I'm going to be Master of All Space and Time, I grant you your wish of a clean house with the wiggle of a nose. [Now if it were only THAT simple!]

RevAnne said...

Would you also take a moment to wriggle your nose at my place? That may be the only way it'll get really clean!

Ruby said...

I'll join you to visit Kathryn!

Jan said...

I wish my house could be cleaned like that, too. And how I'd like to be with you when you met one or more of those wonderful people in #4.

Stephanie Anthony/She Rev said...

I, too, picked Samantha's trick. Sounds like we were two of many! What does that say?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
RevHRod said...

What a fun play! And I really need you to twitch your nose this way, please!

Grace thing said...

Ha aha ha. You make me laugh. Love it! I want to be tall TOO.

mid-life rookie said...

Great play: Travel across the pond, content with your job, and what a great magical power! I need that one right now. I'm avoiding cleaning potties by reading Friday Fives on Sunday. Blessings.