Tuesday, April 08, 2008

My very own country song....

What do you call your Dear One when your Dear One's moving out...and everyone's sad, and no one is mad, and no one's done anyone wrong?

It kind of sounds like a country song doesn't it? I think I'm kind of in an "if I don't laugh I'll cry" mode, and I'm really pretty tired of crying right now. I got a call just as I was leaving my appointment with LF tonight....the lease is signed, the keys in hand, the deed is done. We are officially, as of Sunday "separated" or at least living in two different places. It's all very surreal. I have never been through anything like this. Oh, I've been through breakups. Nasty ones, endless ones, dramatic ones. But never such a sad and tender one. Never one in which both parties are as reluctant as we are resolute about the need for this time apart. I'm finding that it's a stretch for folks to understand how this works. People like their breakups simple. A bad guy and a good guy. Someone to blame and someone to feel sorry for. Hmmm. Good luck with that. I might be willing to be the bad guy but I doubt you'd get DO to do victim in this lifetime!

So we went over to see the place when I got home, measured for drapes, checked out the closets, the usual new apartment stuff. It's small but clean, there is nice view, and it would be a really fine place for anyone else but Dear One to live. I think I'll sing another chorus.

22 comments:

God_Guurrlll said...

((DrRevKate))

Mary Beth said...

I'll sing along. Loves to you.

Mary Beth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jules said...

(((RDK)))

DogBlogger said...

(((RDK)))

Katherine E. said...

A heart hug coming your way, Kate...

Anonymous said...

(((RDK)))

zorra said...

(o)

The Vicar of Hogsmeade said...

(O)

Kathryn said...

Much love and prayers for both of you xxx

Gannet Girl said...

{{{{{{{{{RDK}}}}}}}}}}

mid-life rookie said...

Everything I've written and erased is stuff you already know. (((RDK)))

Connie said...

Ah Sweet {hugs}. The roomie

Rev SS said...

(((RDK)))

Cecilia said...

(((RevDrKate)))

Pax, C.

Diane M. Roth said...

(((RevDrKate)))

Anonymous said...

singing with you - praying for you and DO - isn't it odd that this is how mature people handle changes in relationships, yet there are so few of these that no one knows what to do?

missing you - still wearing your talismans? my tatt is gone now - i miss it too

revkjarla said...

Thoughts and prayers...
courage, strength and energy to you...lots of people singing with you, too...

more cows than people said...

you've been hugged a lot. but days have passed so i'll hug you again (((revdrkate))).

more cows than people said...

i came back to this just now and thought "wow, that would be a great line for a song!" if you write the rest of it let me know.

Barb said...

I hope your Sunday goes well in the midst of this heart-rending stuff. You sound as if you and Dear One are acting with integrity - if only that could mean you could be spared the pain. Be kind to yourself today and always.

Barbara B. said...

adding my thoughts, prayers, and virtual hug...