Friday, November 28, 2008

Giving Thanks for You Friday Five

Phillipians 1:3 Every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God.
Singing Owl says: "I'm musing about giving thanks for people today, partly because Americans celebrated our annual Thanksgiving holiday yesterday (I try not to just make this holiday "turkey day" even though its main feature seems to be eating till one is nearly comatose) and partly because I read the above verse this morning. It started me thinking about individuals in my life for whom I give thanks. For this post-Thanksgiving Day Friday Five, share with us "Five People For Whom You Give Thanks to God" and maybe tell us why they are significant. "

It is hard to pick just five. So of course I won't....I'll cheat some....and pick some groups. But even then this is far from an exhaustive list. God has graced me with such lovely people in my life, especially in the past six years, it is such grace and bounty, I am indeed thankful. But for these people especially, I say thanks to God.......

1. Anam Cara, sister in Christ, spirit friend and general rock....my friend C. I give thanks for her daily. She is sensible, grounded, funny, trustworthy and nonjudgmental. She takes he own relationship with God seriously and appreciates that in me. I am better person because she is in my life.

2. My Soul Sisters. C, S and A....They are each unique and wonderful. We started as a study group but have become so much more than that to one another. I share with them an uncomplicated faith-based friendship that I know that God smiles on and freely blesses.

3. My new friend R. There are many things I do not know about this brave new world I have entered as a newly single middle-aged priest. It's good to have a sweet, kind and funny guide to hold my hand along the way as I navigate some of the early stages. He is fitting that bill nicely and I am thankful he has come into my life.

4. Blog friends....this circle of amazing people, some of whom I have met IRL, and some only through this space. It does not really matter. In these last few challenging months especially I have been so thankful to be part of this RevGal network, for prayers and love and support and connection.

5. My sweet jail guy no more L. God-given and God-kept, he is such a gift in my life. To watch him navigate the struggles and pain of his life with grace and humor, to know that in some small way I did manage to cooperate enough to be useful to God in L's life makes me grateful in so many ways.

2 comments:

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

Lovely! And smart of you to do groupings!

Elaine (aka...Purple) said...

Soul Sisters...I second that.