So I am officially grateful for:
- My wonderful boss who has had my back in all that has been happening, who asks how I am doing in all of this and who tonight took me along to a local event, just because she thought I might need a little outing with the girls
- Her boss who similarly has made a point of telling me of her support and belief in me
- All of the love and support and prayers of my fabulous friends IRL and in blogland who have called and e-mailed, commented and hugged, left blogstones, spent time, left notes, provided perspective, made me laugh again and just generally let me know that you all are here and I am not alone with this stupid pile of shoes. You are all God's gifts to me
- L's safe return to the world
- My congregation who has just rolled with me for the last nine months and seem to just accept me
- Date nights
- Smaller clothes
- People who watch my back just because we are all in this place together and they care
- My courageous clients who manage to go on in the face of odds that would simply knock me over, and who teach me the greatest life lessons every day.
- Yoga (and the return of the daily practice)
- Paint and my new found courage to play with it
- For the fact that this Sunday I finally get to celebrate the Eucharist again....six weeks has been way too long.
- That I have not despaired and, despite fear, my faith heart has continued to prevail in leading me back to my Wing where I find my safety in the surety that indeed God has my life.
This is by no means an exhaustive list, but it is for today what comes to mind. Thanks be to God.