Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Paying Attention in November # 3

I watched him with tears and awe as he he spoke. And I said to C, "If this presidency thing doesn't work out, I think he's got a great future as a preacher." This is the first time in so long I have actually wanted to listen to my president, the first time I can remember feeling hope as I listened to a political speech. I don't use this word lightly, but I do feel that there is something prophetic in this man. Called for just such a time as this? Perhaps. It has been known to happen.

3 comments:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I was glad that he was serious and reminded us that it will be a difficult time ahead and that he reached out to those who voted for McCain. I pray he has a chance to succeed.

Rev SS said...

I, too, watched with tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat.

And "This is the first time in so long I have actually wanted to listen to my president, the first time I can remember feeling hope as I listened to a political speech. I don't use this word lightly, but I do feel that there is something prophetic in this man. Called for just such a time as this?"

I believe so! Thanks be to God.

Mary Beth said...

Amen, amen.