Willsmama, in a venting opportunity, brings us the following Friday Five
Please tell us your least favorite/most annoying seasonal....
1) dessert/cookie/family food That would have to be the cookies or cake with frosting that turn your lips and mouth annoying colors. I am particularly fond of these when they appear at coffee hour!
2) beverage (seasonal beer, eggnog w/ way too much egg and not enough nog, etc...) That would be it....the over egg, under nog.....I want to be seriously NOGGED by my hot holiday beverage, I mean if I want to drink the cake batter, I'll just go off to the kitchen and have me some!
3) tradition (church, family, other) white elephant gift exchanges.....especially the round robin. Ok we are going to exchange stuff we don't want, but on the outside chance there is one good thing, you won't likely get to keep it. Can someone point out the Christmas spirit here?
4) decoration Pretty much giant plastic anything....but that's just me.
5) gift (received or given) An ex boss once gave me a little reindeer thingy that ...um....excreted black jelly beans....cute! Spirit of the season, eh!
BONUS: SONG/CD that makes you want to tell the elves where to stick it. That would be anything with a chipmunk. And I see now they have a MOVIE. They were cute when I was six but you know that was a few years ago,....I'm just sayin....
You know this was very refreshing! I feel cleansed and ready to begin again. Thanks ws!